A former coworker and friend of mine is launching a candle making business on the side (the company I keep are side hustlers too, I’m all about that life). It’s called Lesa’s Candles, obviously named after her. She’s a crafty time of person. She knits scarves (I have one), she makes lotions and creams and also candles. It’s just something she likes to do. So, after having to take a medical leave of absence from her job, she decided she was going to throw as much of her time as she could physically afford into her candle making business until she healthy and able to go back to work.
And knowing that I know a little about a lot, she asked me for my assistance with her website, which I readily agreed to do. But it’s stalled. First it was her, now it’s me. And now that I have everything from her to get started, I need to get started and finish all in one breath. I need to help her make money as if I was working on this website for me.
So that’s my goal for this week. Work on my friend’s website so she too can generate extra income and build a supplemental income stream. As all us ladies should. Once I’m done, I’ll share the link with you and can give me your honest feedback. You can hold me to both the deadline and the link to share.
I talked about writing before as a side hustle. And it might’ve been in respect to résumé writing, because I’ve had my fair share doing that along with writing cover letters. But writing in general is a great income stream if you have a niche for an target audience in need.
Other writings that I’ve personally done that brought in income were:
- Press Releases – living in LA makes this a very lucrative opportunity as just about anymore involved in the entertainment industry is trying to put themselves our there.
- Social Media Curator – yes, this is a thing and a sought out thing. How is this writing? You will be writing the content for brands and companies social media posts. Trust me when I say they don’t write themselves.
- Blogs – this writing very easily falls under social media, but is more labor intensive because blogs are much longer pieces content with SEO practices used and it has to be well written and attractive.
- Books – ebooks, guides, how-to content, whatever it is, put it into a book. I’ve helped a number of people get self published but I’m finally working on my own. Currently writing book number two.
But don’t stop there. These are just the ones I’ve done. Depending on your background and experience, your writing experience can create opportunities with:
- Drafting affidavits
- Agreements and contracts
- Letters of Intent
- Slogans and sayings
- Flyers and poster
- Scripts for TV and movies
- Teach a writing class
If you’re good with writing and want to earn a little sumthin’ – sumthin’ on the side, find one niche in the market and make it your own.
Happy hustlin’, my fellow hustlers!